Hope-filled, purposeful people, building communities where every voice is heard and valued
We work together to be a strong Christian advocate for the marginalised and those at risk in society
Our strategy includes two key result areas - advocacy, and efficiency and productivity.
Using our collective resources and experience, we advocate for the interests of marginalised and disadvantaged people. This key result area is our first priority. By 2020 we will have positioned Baptist Care Australia as a strong advocacy voice on issues affecting people who are ageing, living with disability, experiencing homelessness or impacted by family or domestic violence.
As a Christian organisation, we follow the example of Jesus Christ by advocating for marginalised and disadvantaged people, and moving communities and governments to take action. Member organisations provide practical support, while Baptist Care Australia seeks to bring their voices and concerns into the public policy debate.
1. Advocacy based on compelling evidence
- Establish an annual research report program based on the implications of social isolation amongst the marginalised in Australia
- Establish new policies to support effective advocacy on our priority issues
- Leverage members' research to build national advocacy profile
- Ensure policy and advocacy activities are based on evidence.
2. Engage the experience of our membership
- Further engage Circles of Excellence and industry experts in social policy development and advocacy
- Establish board-sponsored working groups to deliver specific projects to support advocacy work
- Ensure annual conference is a key opportunity to engage and learn from member organisations
- Where possible, use the voice of our customers in advocacy.
3. Increase the impact of our advocacy
- Improve communications to reflect a modern advocacy organisation – effectively engaging with stakeholders, and speaking clearly and strongly to the public
- Increase media activity and profile to support advocacy influence
- Strengthen relationships with like-minded organisations and establish partnerships to help amplify our message
- Boost capacity to have an impact in relevant industry policy development forums and government consultation processes
- Undertake and document systematic relationship management with key decision-makers in government, opposition and the public service.
- Establish measures that gauge the effectiveness of our advocacy over time.
Efficiency and productivity
We will improve our organisations and programs by sharing resources and working together. By 2020 we will have achieved a measurable financial return from our program of collaborative projects.
- Establish and pursue Board-mandated projects to increase efficiency and productivity of member organisations
- Draw on Circles of Excellence to establish working groups to deliver Board-mandated projects.